|The logo of Mediocre Hour, featuring Pete|
|Watch now ➤|
|No. of installments|| |
|First release|| Episode 1 - High Speed my Butt!
September 3, 2004
The Mediocre Hour series is a series of brickfilms created by and starring Lewis Chen. The series is presented in a mock-vlog style, with the main character, Pete, speaking to the camera about whatever he is up to. He is also often interrupted by his brother, Lenny.
The series ran for four installments between September 2004 and October 2004, though Chen had planned at least two further films and had named them as Episode 4: Live at the Spiderman 3 Premiere and Episode 5: Do-it-Yourself Manual(ly). In 2011, all four films were re-released with a new edit to upscale them to 720p, remove copyrighted music and reduce the length of the original titles and credits. in 2015, Pete and Lenny returned in a new series, PeteFails.
Pete tries to upload a brickfilm to the internet using a 56k modem, and tries to amuse himself during the wait.
Episode 2 - Stop-Mo, Slo-Mo (2004) Edit
Pete attempts to teach his viewers about stop-motion animation, which does not go well.
Pete begins recording a review of the film The Cube, but is interrupted by the doorbell.
- Marc "White Guy on a Stick" H. as Jedi #1
- Jonathan Schlaepfer as Jedi #2 and Sith #1
- "Lego Guy" as Sith #2
On Halloween, Pete sets up a camera and fills a decorative R2-D2 unit up with candy before putting it at the door to see if anyone will be spooked by it or look inside it for candy.
- Doug Vandegrift as Bloopers guy
- "da brickster" as King Arthur's horseman
- "educated_fool2007" as Space Police guy
- Gareth "Gary13" Branscombe as Insectoid guy
- "Lego Guy" as Agent Smith guy, Clonetrooper guy
- Dave Wardell as Pirate guy
- Robert Frost as Hillbilly
- Jonathan Schlaepfer as Futuristic pilot gal, Princess gal
- "Smiling Minifig" as French Navy guy
- Marc "White Guy on a Stick" H. as King Arthur
PeteFails films Edit
In 2015, Chen revived the characters Pete and Lenny for a new series of shorts called PeteFails. This series is animated in CG, rather than stop-motion, and is less dialogue-driven.
- PeteFails: Hoverboard (2015)
Pete tries to ride around on a "hoverboard" (a self-balancing two-wheeled board), ending in disaster.
- PeteFails: Hello (2016)
Pete tries to say hello to a woman in an elevator.
Other films featuring Mediocre Hour characters Edit
Hallowieners (2004) Edit
A micro-scale brickfilm is revealed to be a scenario created by Lenny.
Iced Bucket (2014) Edit
Pete participates in the ALS ice bucket challenge while Lenny films.
Pete and Lenny assist in advertising Lewis Chen's Patreon.
- ↑ Mediocre Hour Episode 1 directory archive
- ↑ Mediocre Hour Episode 1 release thread
- ↑ Mediocre Hour YouTube Playlist
- ↑ PeteFails: Hoverboard on YouTube
- ↑ PeteFails: Hello on YouTube
- ↑ Hallowieners on the Brickfilm Archive
- ↑ Sleepless download
- ↑ Oh no! A Patreon announcement. Run for your lives~! on YouTube