|Matt checks the copyright handbook|
|Running time|| |
|Part of the Matt and Cal series|
|Forum Addiction||Deep Space|
Copyright Craze is a 2005 comedy brickfilm by Matthew Lieberman and Cody Lieberman. It is the third film in the Matt and Cal series and follows the pair as they accidentally repeatedly rip off other brickfilms and become concerned about copyright infringement. The various references to other brickfilms were all used with permission of the original creators.
Matt and Cal walk down a street before sitting on a bench as they argue over whether Yoda or Darth Vader could win in a fight, but Matt suddenly stops the argument. He produces a copyright book and reads that they are in copyright violation under the section of reproduction of copyrighted dialogue and that all culprits will face the enduring wrath of the Bluntman, but Cal is not concerned. Ned Kelly walks towards them but Matt pushes him away to avoid breaching another copyright. Cal distracts Matt by claiming to see a giant hand grabbing someone's head and grabs the copyright book to scratch something out in it. Matt doesn't see the hand and tells Cal that this better not be another prank, thinking back to the time he was tricked into joining the Jedi order, which didn't end well.
Cal comments that it is quiet today and Matt responds "Well, it’s a sunday morning. Not much happens on a Sunday", as a time machine fades in and out in the background. Matt thinks the conversation is sounding familiar and goes to check the copyright book again. He finds a section scratched out and decides that it couldn't possibly be of relevance, so resumes the conversation. Just then, police arrive and surround Matt for violating copyright. They arrest him and take him away, and The Temp takes his place on the bench beside Cal.
- Cody Lieberman as Cal
- Dario Camerino as Matt
- Logan Wright as Mace Windu
- Joshua Leasure as Copyright cop
- Matthew Lieberman - Director, Producer, Animator, Special effects
- Cody Lieberman - Director, Producer
- Nate Burr, Chris Salt, Nick Maniatis, Jay Silver, Logan Wright, Joshua Leasure - Special thanks
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Copyright Craze on YouTube
- ↑ Copyright Craze website page
- ↑ Copyright Craze release thread with reaction to the line
- ↑ A variation on the line suggested for the Ten Lines Contest
- ↑ The line in an introduction thread
- ↑ "... how mert fell victim to the brickfilm-cult. OK, it's not a cult, it's a family."
- ↑ "...the old saying within the brickfilming community"
- ↑ The line used in 2011
|Matt and Cal series|
|Twilight Trouble (2004) · Forum Addiction (2004) · Copyright Craze (2005) · Deep Space (2006)|